Project Green Ice Camera – is international project.
Supported by Kolarctic CBC and the Barents Secretariat.
Green Ice Camera is a project between Russia, Finland, Sweden and Norway with the vision to create a certificate for sustainable media production in the Arctic. Using data you already have at your finger tips, our bespoke calculator allows productions to quickly understand their environmental impact.
To create a fair certification system that is relevant for the industry, we use a democratic process, where guidelines and protocols are developed in local multi-stakeholder hubs consisting of:
- Industry practitioners
- Commissions & funds
- Perspectives from indigenous groups
- Local & national government representatives
- Environmental experts
- Protect the natural ecosystems
- Create infrastructure for sustainable media production
- Raise the profile of the region
- Create new employment opportunities
- Provide a valuable model for cross-border cooperation
- Build a community around sustainable media production